Welcome to the City of Berkley's Livestream
Watch Meetings Live Online!
If a meeting is currently in session, it will be streamed live below.
Having trouble connecting to the Livestream? Here are some troubleshooting tips to help!
NOTE: All governing board meetings will be held in person, however, the City of Berkley will be offering a hybrid option for residents to attend meetings virtually.City Council Meetings - Zoom Meeting Information:
Instruction for joining a meeting virtually:
- Log into the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Please note that for optimal meeting capabilities, we encourage residents to join via computer or tablet devices
- Through internal testing, it was found that mobile phones struggled to hold proper audio output
- Depending on the type of meeting you want to join there will be different meeting URL’s and meeting ID’s for the different types of meetings (e.g. City Council, Planning Commission, ZBA, and DDA)
- For best results download Zoom & run Zoom
Instruction for joining a meeting via telephone:
- Select the Zoom Meeting teleconference number which can be found above.
- Depending on the type of meeting you want to join there will be different phone numbers and meeting ID’s for the different types of meetings (e.g. City Council, Planning Commission, ZBA, and DDA)
- To mute and unmute, select (STAR 6)
Those With Hearing or Speech-Impairments Can Still Participate in the Meeting as Well!
Users that are hearing persons and deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired persons can communicate by telephone by dialing 7-1-1.
- Individuals who call will be paired with a Communications Assistant
- Make sure to give the Communications Assistant the proper teleconference phone number and meeting ID
For more information, visit michigan.gov.
Instruction for Public Comment:
UPDATED: With the shift back to in-person meetings, residents and community members will have the opportunity to speak during the Public Comment portion of the agenda at the beginning of the Council meeting and after each Agenda Item is presented.
For Planning Commission and ZBA, residents and community members will have the opportunity to speak during the Public Comment portion of the agenda and during a Public Hearing.
- Participants in the webcast can utilize the “Raise Hand” function by selecting “Manage Participants” on the bottom of your dashboard then select the “More” button in the bottom right-hand corner
- Our moderator will call your name aloud and unmute you so that you can speak
- For those are joining the meeting by phone, you can be placed in the queue for Public Comment by selecting (STAR 9)
- Our moderator will announce the last 4-digits of your phone number for recognition and unmute you so that you can speak
- Participants providing Public Comment via the webcast or telephone will have 3 minutes to speak as they would if we were meeting in person
- Once your 3 minutes are up, you will be muted by our moderators
- UPDATED: Additionally, public comments can be submitted prior to 5 PM on the meeting day via email to email@example.com
For tips on how to troubleshoot via Zoom, follow this link: support.zoom.us
- Be sure to test your internet connection, video, and microphone in advance
- Dial-in from a quiet space or use headphones if around others
- Mute your computer microphone/cell phone when you are not speaking
- Video camera tips:
- Don’t use a window as a backdrop; This impacts visual quality to the viewers on the video conference
- Make sure the room you are in has proper lighting
- Dress appropriately
- Be mindful of your background items when video conferencing
Remember The Human Element:
- Just like talking face to face, the “Zoom Meetings” video conferencing tool is like our everyday workday settings
- Speak professionally and respectfully to one another as you would in any other communication setting
- Announce who you are prior to speaking (e.g. Mayor Terback, 1234 Berkley Ave, *Insert commentary*)
- Overall, be aware of your behavior; People can see and hear what you are doing at all times
For a printable version of these instructions