Location: 2395 W. 12 Mile Road, Berkley, MI 48072
Police/Fire Dispatch: 248-658-3380
ATTN Berkley Residents/Businesses:
The City is in its COVID-19 recovery and reopening process for all of its municipal facilities.
What to Expect entering our City Facilities
- Masks are not required for the staff or the public but are strongly encouraged.
- Staff will continue frequent cleaning procedures, especially for high-touch surface areas such as service counters.
- Signs encouraging social distancing and best practices will be prominently posted throughout the buildings and on the entrance doors.
- Glass windows will remain over the counters to limit person-to-person contact with staff and residents.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be maintained at all entrances.
About Public Safety
We are committed to maintaining the safety and quality of life of this community, through the delivery of superior police, fire, and EMS services without prejudice or partiality. We strive to offer the best services as a combined Police and Fire Agency known as PUBLIC SAFETY while maintaining community involvement, protection, and service to residents, businesses, and visitors alike.
The Public Safety Department is Berkley's emergency first responder for police and fire service, including dispatch and animal control. Our staff is actively engaged in maintaining Berkley's status as one of the best and safest cities in Michigan. To achieve this goal requires coordination and support from residents as well as the department's staff.
What is Public Safety?
A Public Safety Officer is both cross-trained as a State Certified Police Officer, and as a State Certified Firefighter, all wrapped into one person. They will handle normal police situations, and then as they come up, Fire scenes. We are also Medical First Responder trained and ready to handle all your needs.
Public Safety Director/Chief
Public Safety Director