City Clerk's Office
The City is in its COVID-19 recovery and reopening process for all of its municipal facilities.
What to Expect entering our City Facilities
- Masks are not required for the staff or the public but are strongly encouraged.
- Staff will continue frequent cleaning procedures, especially for high-touch surface areas such as service counters.
- Signs encouraging social distancing and best practices will be prominently posted throughout the buildings and on the entrance doors.
- Plastic shields or "Sneeze Guards" will remain over the counters to limit person-to-person contact with staff and residents.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be maintained at all entrances.
All of the above practices will be determined by CDC, State, and County guidelines, and may be altered if and when needed.
Not comfortable coming into the office? Accessing many of our City Hall services CAN STILL BE DONE via phone, email, through a dropbox submission, or US mail.
Wondering How to Get in Touch With Other Departments?
About the City Clerk's Office
Location: City Hall, 3338 Coolidge Highway, Berkley MI 48072
The City Clerk's Office serves as the official record keeper for City Council, attends all council meetings, and is the custodian of all legal documents and records pertaining to the city's department operations.
The Clerk conducts all elections according to state and federal laws and maintains Berkley's qualified voter files. In line with the elections process, the Clerk procures and maintains the required election equipment to meet the needs of Berkley voters and serves as the Freedom of Information Act Coordinator for the city.
All ordinances, council meeting minutes, and records for board and commission appointments are maintained by the City Clerks Office.