Interested in Working Elections? Become an Election Inspector!
An integral part of every Election Day is having great Election Workers (Precinct Inspectors) that assist in the coordination of voting at our seven polling locations! This is a great opportunity to serve your community and to be involved in the election process.
- State of Michigan resident
- 16 years of age or older
- Residents that are 18 years of age or older must be a registered voter
- Attend the required training class
- Available to work the entire Election Day
- Greeting Station - Be on hand to greet voters and verify with residents in line that they are at the correct polling location.
- Application Station - Pass out applications to vote.
- Qualification Station - Operate the ePollbook to vet voters before they receive a ballot.
- Ballot Distribution Station - Work in tandem with the ePollbook operator to issue the correct ballot number to each voter while providing brief, appropriate ballot instructions.
- General Assistance - Clean voting booths in-between voters, assist voters, and fill in where needed.
- Pre-Tabulation Station - Collects application to vote, tears of ballot stub while the ballot is in the secrecy folder, directs voter to the tabulator.
- Departure Station - Ensure voters do not exit with ballots, offer “I Voted” stickers, and say goodbye to voters.
- Absentee Ballot Processing Station - Team of two people working together to process absentee ballots received on Election Day. They must have transportation to travel to and from City Hall. This is a new position and additional training will be required. Perfect for a pair of friends, coworkers, and family members of differing parties.
Election Workers are compensated $15 for attending the mandatory training and $185 for work done on Election Day. Compensation for those that become a Precinct Chair or Co-Chair is $205.
Election Workers are expected to begin at 6:00 AM and conclude after the polls close at 8:00 PM and when all paperwork is completed.
Click here to download the Election Inspector Application.
To apply, complete the application and return via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, in person to the City Clerk's Office, or by mail to:
City Clerk’s Office
City of Berkley
3338 Coolidge Highway
Berkley, MI 4807