Beautification Advisory Committee
The Beautification Advisory Committee is hosting a community-wide Edge Your Sidewalk Campaign to beautify our Berkley neighborhoods! The goal is to have this effort completed by the city-wide garage sale beginning June 23, 2022.
A Few Reasons Why You Should Edge Your Sidewalk
- Uniform grass lines give your lawn a clean and manicured appearance.
- Provides a root barrier to prevent invasive lawn grasses from entering flowerbeds.
- Snow removal is easier because your equipment does not get caught on the grass overhanging your sidewalk areas.
- Proper edging uncovers the entire surface area of your concrete surfaces, giving your property better overall dimensions.
- Your sidewalks become safer for pedestrians by eliminating some trip hazards.
What Is the Beautification Advisory Committee?
If the City of Berkley is a canvas, the Beautification Advisory Committee is the artist that takes a wide-angled view of the community, develops recommendations, and then advises City leaders about various methods to improve the aesthetics of the City. Committee members add value by implementing the proposed beautification plans.
- Planting flower gardens
- Tree Preservation
- Blight removal
- Storefront improvements
- Open space needs
- Annual paint up-cleanup-fix up event
- Beautification projects on municipal property
- Christmas holiday decorations
Who We Are.
Beautification Advisory Committee members are appointed by the City Council and serve a three-year term. There's no limit on the number of members, and anyone who's a registered voter or property owner can join.
|Board Member||Term Expires|
|Nick Armstrong||July 2023|
|Stephen Bard||July 2023|
|Jeremy Coan||July 2023|
|Jim Fritsch||July 2023|
|Jennifer Hance||July 2023|
|Anela Mihaescu||July 2024|
|Dan Mihaescu (Chairperson)||July 2024|
|Jennifer Smitterberg||July 2024|
*Student Representative Position Available*
Council Liaison: Natalie Price
When Can You Attend a Meeting?
Meeting Time: 6:30 PM
Meeting Location: Pinspiration Berkley, 2733 Coolidge Highway
2022 Meeting Dates:
- April 27
- May 25
- June 22
- July 27
- August 24
- September 28
- October 26
- November 23
- December 28
All board meetings are open to members of the public to attend.
Click here to view BAC agendas & minutes. To view the enabling legislation for the Beautification Advisory Committee, click here.