Van Service: 248-658-3470
The City of Berkley Transportation Service is excited to bring you new and improved changes. Trips to doctors, pharmacies, salons, shopping centers and more have never been easier. Please take a moment to read the guidelines, which will make your next van ride, or making reservations, a breeze. Our van is funded and operated through the joint efforts of the City of Berkley, Michigan Department of Transportation and Beaumont Hospital.
How do I make a reservation?
- Reservations are required - call 248.658.3470 and ask for "Transportation" for reservations
- Reservations are made Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 am to 11:30 am - requests will not be accepted any other time
- Reservations can be made from one week to two months in advance - doctor's appointments take priority
- When making your reservation please have the address & phone number of your destination on hand
- Call the transportation dispatcher with any cancelations prior to your scheduled pick-up day
Where can I go?
- Pickup is available anywhere within the City of Berkley
- Meijer trips are Tuesdays at 8:30am for Berkley residents outside of Oxford Park Towers
- Meijer trips are Thursdays at 10:00am for Oxford Park Towers residents
- Please limit your groceries to five bags
Who is eligible for this service?
- Service is available to Berkley residents who are 50 years of age or older, retired or semi-retired
What are the hours for this transportation service?
- Transportation is available 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday with NO exceptions
- Return pickup must be phoned in by 4:00 pm at 248.361.0905
- Traffic and special assistance needs take extra time; driver has a 15-minute window with regard to your scheduled pick-up time
What else do I need to know?
- Seatbelts are mandatory
- Medical appointments receive priority when scheduling - non-medical requests available at the discretion of the department
- Wheelchair lift available - riders’ residence must be accessible with ramp
- Drivers will assist passengers from their home to the van, and they will also help carry grocery bags. When making your reservation for a ride please state whether you have special needs
- No changes or additions will be made the day of transportation other than cancelations. Do not ask driver to alter the schedule
- Suggested donation of $3.00 each way is recommended and appreciated