|As a passenger on the City of Berkley Van Service, we want you to feel safe and welcome. Our van is funded and operated through the joint efforts of the City of Berkley, Michigan Department of Transportation and Beaumont Hospital. Please read the following rules and guidelines.
How do I make a reservation?
- Reservations are required
- Call 248-658-3470 Monday thru Friday from 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- Reservations can be made from two days to two months in advance
- When making your reservation please have the address & phone number of your destination on hand
Where can I go?
- Pickup is available anywhere within the City of Berkley
- Transportation services outside of the City is limited to areas identified on the map to the right.
Who is eligible for this service?
- Service is available to Berkley residents who are 50 years of age or older, retired or semi-retired
What are the hours for this transportation service?
- Transportation is available 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Return pickup must be phoned in by 4:00 pm
- Traffic and special assistance needs take extra time; driver has a 15-minute window with regard to your appointment
What else do I need to know?
- Seatbelts are mandatory
- Medical appointments receive priority when scheduling - non-medical requests available at the discretion of the department
- Wheelchair lift available - riders’ residence must be accessible with ramp
- Drivers will assist passengers from their home to the van, and they will also help carry grocery bags. When making your reservation for a ride please state whether you have special needs
- When riding the van, plan to do only what you have previously arranged. Do not ask the driver to alter the schedule
- Suggested donation of $4.00 each way is recommended and appreciated