Deadlines for the 2014 Tax Bill Season
|Summer Taxes||last week of June||September 2, 2014|
|Winter Taxes||last week of November||February 17, 2015|
If you pay your taxes yourself and do not receive a bill call the Clerk/Treasurer’s office at 248-658-3310. If your mortgage company pays your taxes and you receive a tax bill – call the Clerk/Treasurer’s office.
Tax Bill Information Updates
In order to ensure that your tax bill is correctly mailed, please let us know if:
- you have refinanced and changed your mortgage company
- your mortgage was sold to another lender
- your mortgage has been paid off
- you sell your home
Important! Do not rely on your mortgage company or the new or former owner to relay this information. State law holds the homeowner responsible for making sure taxes are paid, so do what you can to see that tax bills are properly directed.
|October||4 1/2%||.0450||January||6 3/4%||.0675|
|November||5 1/4%||30525||February||7 1/2%||.0750|
- Late fees apply to the entire month
- Before making your payment, call the Treasurer's office at 248.658.3310 to verify the amount owed.
- Beginning March 1, 2015 all unpaid 2014 taxes must be paid at the Oakland County Treasurer's office with additional penalties. During the month of March, a revised statement from the City Treasurer must accompany your payment..
Look up your taxes & property values at City Hall. A public-use computer is now available for residents and visitors. The computer, located across from the City Manager's office, is restricted to looking up tax and assessing information
Oakland County Property Gateway. A map-based web application that provides access to the following information for a fee:
- Residential Property Profile
- Commercial and Industrial Property Profile
- Mortgage Application Acceleration Program
- Map Atlas Viewer
- Current Tax Profile
- Delinquent Tax Profile
24-Hour Tax Hotline
Property tax information is available FREE on the Oakland County 24-Hour Tax Hotline at (248) 858-0025 or (888) 600-3773.
To access tax information, you will need to enter your 10-digit parcel ID number (begins with 25).
The State of Michigan Department of Treasury web site has a helpful tool to use in estimating your property taxes. Please note this can only be used as an estimate and that they will not have the current tax rates. To visit this site, check here.
Summer Tax Rate for 2014: (City & School Taxes)
|Berkley School District|
|Royal Oak School District|
|Winter Tax Rate for 2014 (County Taxes)|
The winter rate is the same for a Principal Residence and Rental/Second Home for both School Districts
Summer 2015 is NOT AVAILABLE