Water Billing - Direct Payment Options
Save time and money by having your water/sewer bill payments automatically debited from your checking or savings account without having to write checks.
Why should I sign up for direct payment?
- No need to stand in lines to buy stamps or wait in line at City Hall to make a payment.
- No worries about missing a deadline and paying a late fee – because the payments are made on time every time – your bill is paid on the due date.
How Does Direct Payment Work?
- You will still receive a water/sewer bill statement indicating the amount due and the due date.
- The bill will state "Do Not Pay, Payment Made by Direct Payment."
- On the due date, the payment is drafted from your account to pay the bill in full. The bill statement and your bank statement will serve as your receipt.
How Do I Enroll?
- Enrollment is easy! Simply complete steps 1-4 on the Direct Payment Enrollment Form and return the completed, signed form to Public Works.
- Then, continue to pay as you normally would until you receive a notification on your bill that the service is active.
- Once you sign-up your enrollment will stay effective until you send a written notice to the City to discontinue this service!
- Important! This is not a method for one time on-line payment!
Do I have to pay a fee for this service?
- The City does not charge a fee for this service; however, if a payment is returned “insufficient funds,” there will be a $25 service fee just like there currently is with returned checks.
What if I change my mind or change banks?
- If you change banks, you will need to complete a new enrollment form and allow approximately 30 days for the change to go into effect. If we do not receive a notice in writing of the change in banks – and your payment is returned for “insufficient funds,” there will be a $25 service fee just like there currently is with returned checks.
- If you change your mind and want to discontinue using the direct payment option – you must notify us in writing and allow 30 days for the change to go into effect.