Yard Waste & Leaf Pickup
CURBSIDE LEAF COLLECTION ROUTE
Curbside leaf collection is underway. Please be aware of the following guidelines to help make this process more efficient. Only leaves should be pushed to the curbside for collection. Be sure to place all leaves at the curb by November 30, 2018. Final leaf pickup will begin on December 1, 2018.
1. The map below is updated regularly to show where crews are located.
2. Several passes are made during leaf season. Please note leaf pick up will be dictated by workload and leaf volumes.
3. On-street parking during this period can slow progress. Limited parking in the streets is appreciated. When on street parking is necessary, as a precautionary measure, please avoid areas where leaves have been raked into piles.
4. Please note collection on 11 Mile, Catalpa, and Greenfield may deviate from this map.
5. Dispose of grass, branches, etc., by placing them in paper yard waste bags or marked containers for weekly disposal, on your regular trash pick up day. The final pick up day for other yard debris is November 30, 2018.
Yard waste and leaf pickup guidelines change periodically throughout the year. During the yard waste pickup season, residents are encouraged to put yard waste out by 7 AM on the scheduled trash collection day using paper yard waste bags or 35-gallon cans marked "YARD WASTE."
Please click on items listed below for specific information about yard waste collection and dates or click here to see a printable version of the yard waste pickup schedule.
Please note: when using cans, please make sure the "YARD WASTE" label is facing the street and is set aside from other trash containers. Bags/cans should not weigh more than 50 pounds. Please note that plastic bags containing yard waste will NOT be collected.
TAGS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED FOR YARD WASTE BAGS OR CANS.
- Yard waste is collected on your garbage day, April 2 through Mid-December.
- Yard waste is grass, leaves, shrubbery cuttings, vines, rose bushes, roots, stumps, and sticks.
- Yard debris must be placed in a paper yard waste bag. Otherwise, the yard debris must be placed in a container marked "COMPOST" or "YARD WASTE" and cannot weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Paper yard waste bags may be dropped off at SOCRRA for no charge between Mid-December and March 31.
LEAF PICK UP
Leaves may be raked to the curb in neat rows from October 1 through December 1. Do not place any other yard debris in the street. Otherwise, dispose of leaves by placing them in paper yard waste bags or marked containers for weekly disposal, on your regular trash pick up day, from April 2 through Mid-December.