Meet Your Mayor
Phil O'Dwyer was elected to mayor of Berkley in November 2011 after having served on City Council since 2005. Phil and his wife Jeanne have resided in Berkley since 1980 where they raised their son Tim. Phil holds a Doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Wayne State University. Phil is Clinical Director and President of Brookfield Clinics and is a Professor in the Graduate School of Counseling at Oakland University.
Phil has been an active member of the following organizations:
- Citizens Finance Committee, Member
- BYSA, Founding Member
- Berkley Schools Strategic Planning Committee, Member
- Public Safety Consolidation Citizens Advisory Committee, Member
- South Oakland Mayors Association, Member
- Southeastern Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG), Member
- Berkley Election Committee, Chair
- Michigan Municipal League, Delegate
- Woodward Avenue Action Association (WA3), Board Member
As Mayor, Phil serves as the chair of all council meetings and is the ceremonial head of government for the city.