Understanding the Absentee Ballot Process
- To vote by absentee ballot, you must first complete an application for an Absentee Ballot; an application must be completed for each election.
- Request an application in person, by mail or by phone.
- Ballots will be provided (either by mail or in person) once the City Clerk's office has processed your application. To avoid delays, please be sure to complete and sign the application.
- The last day a ballot can be mailed or taken from the City Clerk's Office is 2:00 pm on the Saturday before the election.
- Anyone eligible to vote by absent voter ballot may vote in person at the City Clerk's Office until 4:00 pm the day before the election
- All absentee ballots must be received in the Clerk's office by 8:00 pm on Election Day.
Absentee Ballot Applications
Already applied for an Absentee Ballot? The Oakland County Clerk's Office now offers a new Absentee Ballot Tracking Service. This new system will allow you to track your absentee ballot application and your completed ballot through the election process.
The service will:
- Tell you the date your Absentee Ballot Application is received by your local city clerk.
- Tell you when your ballot was mailed to you.
- Confirm that your completed ballot has been received and that it is ready to be counted on Election day.