The City Manager is the Chief Administrative Officer for the city. The Manager supervises and manages city departments, as well as performs the following operational duties:
- To see that all laws and ordinances are enforced;
- To manage and supervise all public improvements, works and undertakings of the city. The manager shall have charge of the construction and maintenance of all public buildings or other properties belonging to the city. The manager shall manage and supervise all city utilities, and shall be responsible for the preservation of property, tools and appliances of the city;
- To see that all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the city or its inhabitants in any public utility franchise, or in any contract, are faithfully kept and performed;
- To attend all meetings of the council, with the right to take part in discussions, but without the right to vote;
- To be a member, ex officio, of all committees of the council;
- To prepare and administer the annual budget under policies formulated by the council and keep the council fully advised at all times as to the financial condition and needs of the city;
- To recommend to the council for adoption such measures as may be deemed necessary or expedient;
- To be responsible to the council for the efficient administration of all departments of the city government;
- To assume all the duties and responsibilities as personnel director of all city employees, or delegate such duties to some other officer or employee of the city. No such delegation shall relieve the manager of any responsibility for the proper conduct of such duties.
- To exercise and perform all administrative functions of the city that are not imposed by this charter or any city ordinance upon some other official;
- To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this charter or as may be required of the manager by ordinance or by direction of the council.