Technology Advisory Committee
The Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) will be an advisory committee to administrative staff and City Council whose primary charge is to support the development of Berkley’s Information Technology goals and the development of technology strategy to be included in the City’s Master Plan.
The proposed membership includes a combination of city staff, members of Council, and Berkley residents tasked with encouraging ideas and participation in technology adoption, policies, and evaluate service standards within given resource levels. Generally speaking, the high-level objectives of the TAC will be to:
- Serve as a forum for the sharing of ideas, trends, and perspectives in IT and their municipal applications.
- Offer Berkley residents possessing knowledge and experience in relevant areas of IT the opportunity to provide Council and staff with feedback on such issues.
- Advise the Council and staff on current and proposed IT-related projects, services, and methods of leveraging technology to provide service to the public.
- Provide technical expertise and act as a liaison between the residents and staff.
- Provide vendor-neutral recommendations regarding IT solutions, where appropriate.
The composition of membership: seven (7) residents appointed-at-large by the City Council; a City Council Liaison and City Manager or designee/Information Technology Coordinator.
Qualifications for Members-at-Large
Members must be Berkley residents who can demonstrate, through their application materials, they possess a background in, specific knowledge of, and/or an interest in information technology.
It is anticipated that the TAC’s work will, at times, intercede with the work of the Citizens Engagement Advisory Committee in accordance with the communication and transparency goals set by the City Council and the administration. Ultimately, the work of the TAC should improve a resident’s ability to gather accurate information, perform transactions, and track progress on City initiatives for service.
|Board Member||Term Expires|
|John Correia||July 2021|
|Anna Luptak||July 2021|
|David Marriott||July 2020|
|Mark Owens||July 2020|
|Aaron Pace||July 2020|
|Michael Swantek (Chairperson)||July 2020|
**Vacant Position Available**
Council Liaison: Steve Baker
Click here to view TAC agendas and minutes. Questions or comments for the committee can be directed to Chief Innovation Officer Stan Lisica at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-658-3332.